Some of my users ask me about whether what is Web Companion software and how to uninstall it. If you are one of them then don’t worry because here we are going to share with you all the information about web companion software and try to answer your query about “ what is Web Companion Software?”
What is Web Companion Software?
Web companion software is such type of software program that protects your computer from malware and privacy. It is not a complete software program it is actually an extension that can be installed on the web browser. However, in the recent day, we could see lots of such extension software on the internet.
The software might sound useful to most of you unless it slows down your browser. In addition to this, this extension even shows unnecessary ads onto your browser. This is why it is categorized as a PUA (Potentially Unwanted Software). Nowadays this software has become a problem for most users while browsing the internet,
Sometimes this software gets installed in the background without user consent which is worrying. On top of that, most users agree on everything during the installation process that gives full access to your browser. If you are one who is also having the same problem and unable to uninstall it from the browser then you are in right place.
How to Uninstall Web Companion Software?
It is possible to remove Web companion software from your browser as it doesn’t have math and science behind it. So, here we will discuss the step-wise process to uninstall web companion software from your computer.
- First, go to the start section of the window and then go to the control panel.
- If you didn’t find the control panel makes sure to search its search bar.
- Now, on the control panel there you will see various settings related to the operating system. Now on the top right corner there you will see a search bar click on it and search Program.
- After you find the program section from the control panel clicks on it. Now, here you will see various applications being installed onto your computer. Again, search Web companion software and click on it.
- After this, the installation process shall start on your computer. In addition to this, you also need to give permission to delete or uninstall the application from your computer.
This is how you can delete web companion software out of your computer. It is not that hard the process is very similar to uninstalling other apps.
How to Remove Web Companion Extension From Browser?
Similar to the above step you can also delete the Web companion extension from your web browser. If you have installed their extension on your browser then I am sure you might be seeing unnecessary ads and promotions. As the software have access over you browser it could even change basic browsing setting as well. So, here we will learn how to uninstall the Web companion extension from the browser.
- Open your web browser where the extension is being installed.
- Now, on the top right corner of the browser, you will see three dots for the setting option click on it.
- After this, you will see various setting options click on the Setting.
- On the left bottom are there you will see an extension button click on it. After this, you will see all the extensions that are being installed on your browser.
- Search Web Companion Extension from there and there you will see two options. One to disable and another one to remove or uninstall it click on the remove button shortly it will remove from the web browser.
This is how you can delete the Web companion extensions from your web browser. Follow the above step properly and shortly after removing the extension make sure to clear history, cookies and reboot your browser.
Why is Web Companion Software Dangerous?
As mentioned earlier the software is capable of accessing the basic setting of your web browser. Similarly, the application also doesn’t use the HTTP extension on its official website. This can create problems like browser hijacking hackers can easily access your data and information.
In addition to this, your personal data can also be sharing with other ad agencies with your permission. Apart from this, there are so many issues and problems related to this platform so it’s better to uninstall the application from your computer.
There are so many problems associated with this Web companion software that names to be a companion. But, at last, it will create so many new problems and even it monitor browsing activities and story. This is why it is better to delete such applications from the platform. I hope that after reading this article you have learned how to uninstall the application from your device.
Is Web Companion a Virus?
No, web companion is not a virus. It is an unwanted program and comes with a browser extension. I also agree that it causes some bad effects to your site but it could definitely not be regarded as a virus.
Can I delete Web Companion Software?
Yes, you can delete the web companion software. You just need to follow some steps to do so which are listed above.
Should we uninstall Web Companion Software?
Web Companion extension causes some harm to your devices so it is better to uninstall the Web Companion software.
Is Web Companion from Microsoft?
No Web Companion Software is not a product of Microsoft.